Yousef Al Habshi
Yousef Al-Habshi is an Emirati photographer specializing in “macro” and “micro” photography. He procured his first camera in 2010 and since that time gravitated toward macro photography.
Al-Habshi won numerous local and international awards, including many international gold medals. Most notably, he won first place for two consecutive years (2012 & 2013) at the Emirates International Photography Contest. His recent achievements include first place and a gold medal at the Sharjah Arabian Photo, macro division, and being honored by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah.
At the international level, Al-Habshi was able to win the first place in the scientific competition and specialized in micro-photography “Nikon Small Worlds” as the first Arab and Emirati to win this prestigious competition since its inception in 1975.
In the exhibition, Al-Habshi organized a series of individual and joint exhibitions, the most important of which was his first scientific photographic exhibition, in cooperation with the University of New York Abu Dhabi 2016, in the presence of Professor Claude, who covered the scientific part of the composition and characteristics of the composite eyes.
Al-Habshi also participated in two international exhibitions in China, the last of which was the “Three Shadows” exhibition held in Datong City, China, as part of the joint cooperation between the festival administration and the Hamdan Bin Mohammed International Photography Award (HIPA). He Also Participated in the International Festival of Photography (Xposure) in 2018 in Sharjah.
The latest exhibition in which Al Habshi participated was for “The Unseen”, which was held at the Manarat Al Saadiyat in Sep 2019 in Abu Dhabi.
From the scientific side, Al-Habshi has made available some of his images of insects and their parts to several foreign universities for the purpose of performing new scientific projects and specialized studies. He has also provided specialized studies students with a set of these works for the purpose of academic research and graduation projects.
National Geographic Al Arabiya Magazine, a major media platform, has continuously cooperated with Al-Habshi since 2016. Following their publication, the magazine used his photographs as the main content for their 2016 calendar.
His photographs have been featured in several local newspapers, as well as specialized photography magazines around the world. Additionally, they’ve been published in magazines focused on spreading awareness about agricultural pests and their negative impact.
Display & Exhibitions:
- Photo exhibition in “Saudi Emirati Exhibition” in Abha, KSA 2014.
- Photo gallery in Yi Xian Photography Festival in China 2015.
- First Solo Photo Exhibition, “Little Monsters” at New York University, Abu Dhabi 2016.
- Photo gallery in Al-Muna Academy Abu Dhabi 2016.
- Photo gallery in the Abu Dhabi Festival Exhibition “Art of Nature”, Abu Dhabi 2017.
- Photo gallery in Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, Abu Dhabi 2018.
- Photo gallery in “Three shadows Photography Festival” in Datong, China 2018.
- Photo gallery in XPOSURE International Photography Festival, Sharjah 2018.
- Second Solo Photo exhibition, “The Unseen” at Manarat Al Sadiyaat, Abu Dhabi 2019.
- Solo photo exhibition “Hidden Dimensions” in New York, United States 2019 (In Progress)
1st place & FIAP golden model as best Emirati works submitted in Emirates Photography Competition 2012.
2nd place & FIAP silver medal in the macro section in EPC.
1st place & FIAP golden model as best Emirati works submitted in EPC.
PSA Golden medal in Creativity section in EPC.
3rd place in Al Gharbia photography competition for Marine life.
UPI bronze medal in Fotogram Salon, Serbia.
FKK silver medal in 2nd Int. Salon Kula.
FIAP golden medal in I Salon Int. Argentina.
FIAP golden model in 2nd Int. Salon “Shadow 2015”. Serbia.
FZS golden medal in 8th Int. Photography of Narava in Slovenia.
FIAP golden model in 3rd Olympic photo Circuit 2015 in Greece.
FIAP Bronze in 8th INTERNATIONAL SALON of MFD 2015 in Turkey.
Gold medal & 1st place in macro section in Sharjah Photo Award 2015.
Gold medal in Macro section in Trierenberg Super Circuit – Austria 2016.
10th place in Abu Dhabi Through Your Eyes Competition 2016.
PSA Wildlife Division Medal in Photo Club Arizona (PCA) 2016.
Salon Gold Medal in Photo Club Arizona PCA Circuit.
Silver medal in Sydney Int. Exhibition of Photography (SIEP).
First place in Nikon Small World 2018.
Emerging Person/Organization in Photography Special Award in Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Int. Photography Award (HIPA), Dubai
Lectures & Workshops:
- Macro lecture at Light House in Dubai.
- Macro workshop in ADNOC Onshore, Abu Dhabi.
- Macro workshop in Abu Dhabi National Theatre.
- Macro lecture in Abha KSA 2014.
- Macro workshop in National Theatre, Abu Dhabi 2016.
- Macro workshop in Manarat Al-Saddyiat Island, Abu Dhabi 2016.
- Macro workshop in Al-Qattara Art Centre Al-Ain 2016.
- Two Macro workshops for kids in HIPA Dubai 2018.
- Lecture “Macro World” at United Int. Photographers sponsored by Nikon Middle East, Sharjah 2018.
- Lecture “Macro World” at Hamdan Bin Mohamed Al Maktoum Int. Photography Award (HIPA) sponsored by Nikon Middle East, Dubai 2018.
- Lecture “Macro World” at Greek Campus sponsored by Nikon Middle East, Cairo, Egypt 2018.
- Lecture “Between the Macro & Micro” at Majlis Mohamed Bin Zayed for future Youth, Abu Dhabi Oct 2018.
- Macro workshop in Manarat Al-Saddyiat Island, Abu Dhabi 2018.
- Macro workshop in Xposure Int. Photography Festival, Sharjah 2018.
- Macro workshop for kids at National Science Technology & Innovation (NSTI), Dubai 2019.
- Lecture “Macro World” at the British University in Dubai (BUiD), Dubai 2019.
- Lecture “Macro World” at TwoFour54 for “Ra7la Festival”, Abu Dhabi 2019.